Friday, February 15, 2008

The Man with the Scythe

There has been a lot of talk lately in my town about the man with the scythe. And they don't mean the personification of death or the British heavy metal band. Over the past week I have been cautioned repeatedly against walking alone at night because of the man with the scythe. From what I've gathered, he's a bad man, a crazy man, a criminal, or escaped convict. He will hit you on the head with his scythe, he will chop your ear off, he will slice your throat, or he will just chop you. He will take your money, the gas from your motorcycle, or your cell phone. He only preys on people walking alone at night in empty spaces. He sometimes wears a scarf.

I don't doubt that this man (in some form) exists. But, I do not, however, believe everything I have heard. People are poor here and I don't imagine they walk around with tons of money in their pockets. For the same reason, people usually have little to no money on their cell phones and therefore, stealing the phone would be pointless. And even though this man has been carrying around a scythe for a week slitting people's throats, nobody has died. Sounds like the prelude to an urban myth.....

But....I just heard tonight that he was recently found and "taken" by the police. Humdullah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenny

The Man with the Scythe sounds like a great suspense movie that could hit major movie screens in the US. It would be like Jason, Freddy, and Pumpkinhead. Jenny, all you have to his write the story and become famous. Elliot Eisman could produce the film.

Dad