Sunday, May 20, 2007

???Questions???

This week marks six months at my site and eight months in country. With all this knowledge and wisdom, I am giving you all a chance to ask me questions! Ask me anything at all, and I will answer it. Questions about Morocco, the people, the religion, the food, the language, etc. No question is a stupid one. For example, "Jenny, I heard people do not use toilet paper there. Is that true?" Yes, that is true and on a number of occasions I have been forced to do the same due to my own lack of planning and being at others' homes. So, I am sure you all have loads of questions stored up, so get busy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would think that after being there that long, the people would get used to you and you would be less of an "oddity" (for lack of another word this morning). Do you think that that will become the case as time goes on, or will you always be an item of gossip? I sincerely hope I get to visit you while you are there...only time and money will tell:)

Anonymous said...

What have been your top 5 culture shocks?

Anonymous said...

no questions, just conratulations for the six months of your site! good work! :)

Megan said...

I'll start off the questions. When I was in Ecuador, it was customary to greet everyone you met with a kiss on the cheek. How do people greet each other in Morocco? Does age or gender make a difference?

Ian Matthews said...

I am leaving in September to be a Youth Developer in Morocco. I am curious, do you feel you are able to speak and use Darija where you are posted? Any advice for someone who has done no packing at all and has exactly one month to do it?