Thursday, May 15, 2008

Oopsies! I have a blog!

Sorry to all my loyal readers! I haven't been very attentive to your blogging needs. If it makes you feel any better, not much is going on anyway. After the English Olympiad, I did some traveling, got my nose checked out, caught up with some old Peace Corps friends, and now it's back to regular life.

I started Operation Humidity this week here at home. I've been having bloody noses for the past month, and that along with not being able to breath through my nose, got me a trip to Rabat to get my nose checked out. The diagnosis: allergies. I don't know if I quite agree with that. I've never heard of allergies giving people bloody noses. But, thanks to my mom's great idea, I've been feeling better lately. Her idea: boil water in my kitchen. So, every day, I fill up a pot of water and let it boil down, filling the air with a little moisture. And, I've noticed a small difference in my nose already.

So, other than boiling water and going to Dar Chebab, not too much is going on. I'm still doing my exercise regime every morning. I think I've lost some weight, but I'm not sure because my scale is broken. I got a sweet package in the mail yesterday from Sara which included both a lemon poppyseed cake mix and fudge brownie mix.

Let me rant for a second about the dentist next door. Just now he sprayed the hallway with his air freshener that reeks. He does this only about twenty times a day. And I'm almost positive that he sprays it into my open windows. Do I smell that bad? It's soooo obnoxious! One day I went out and told him I hated the air freshener and what did he do? He laughed at me and sprayed it directly at me. I was not pleased. I just have to keep reminding myself that this living situation is only temporary and that his mental disorder is probably permanent.

Today I'm going to organize my house a bit. Squeegee the floors (we squeegee here, rather than mop and my favorite house chore is squeegeeing) and do some laundry. Then, for lunch, I'm going to make corn on the cob! I got some from the farm this morning and I can't wait to taste it!

2 comments:

Sara said...

FINALLY!!!! I'm glad you got my package; I was very worried that the muffin and brownie mixes would burst in the mail and then you'd open up the package and it would be this gross mixture of lemon poppyseed and brownie! Miss you!

Jillian said...

I think that, by Moroccan standards, you differentiated between "good" and "bad" men perfectly.