Friday, March 07, 2008

lists, lists, lists

I'm obsessed with making lists lately. It doesn't help that I keep losing the lists and need to make new ones. But, I found a list from last week and was pleased to find I had accomplished some of my goals.

- Start journaling in notebook. check!
- Is key needed to open roof door from the outside? no!
- Submit my monthly report to PC. oops.
- Prepare site visit report. check!
- Send out spring camp email. check! (I'm coordinating a spring camp next month. There will be six volunteers and 100 kids...)
- Submit paperwork for vacation days: Sara's visit and the Gnawa festival. half-check!
- Plan visit to Rebecca's site. check!
- Sunbathe. too hot, napping instead.
- Spring cleaning. check!
- Cook lasagna. not yet.
- Bake chocolate chip cookies and distribute to friends. nope.
- Talk to my Dar Chebab kids about the following: music club, art club, friends club, advertising, library club, sports club, and a world mural project. check! check! check!

I don't know if this is interesting or not, so I'll just forge on!

Things I need (or want) to do tomorrow (as in today March 7) or accomplish this week:

- Go to post office. check!
- Go to host family's for couscous. oops.
- Ride bike to farm on Saturday. well, I rode bike past family's house in town and discussed going to farm on Sunday for baby shower, so that's half way there!
- Plan lesson for high school class. check, but nobody showed up.
- Advertise classes at high school. next Tuesday, god willing.
- Organize books, games, etc at Dar Chebab. check!
- Do laundry. noooo.
- Wash floors. noooo.
- Get dirt for plants. hmm, not yet.
- Get birthday photos from Nadia's camera. nope.
- Think about planning a girls leadership camp this summer in my town. maybe a 1/4 check.
- Plan English lessons and club for Spring camp. not yet.
- Get moudir's signature for vacation days requested. check!
- Plan activity for Youth Cafe - egg drop? still working on that one.
-
Get digital camera fixed - where? how? no check.
- Email friends and family. check.
- Email dad about ping pong paddles. Dad, can you send my boys two ping pong paddles? check!
- Plan bike trip with boys this Sunday. check!

Things not ever added to list but thought about often:

- exercise more
- write letters to family back home
- do more crafty projects at home
- never leave dishes unwashed in sink
- read more books
- actually read the Newsweeks PC sends to me
- study my Arabic
- shower daily
- shave legs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's always good to have lists. Just not lose them. May you be able to check them all off soon.

Glad to hear your facility will get to remain open.

Barb & Mike