Thursday, August 03, 2006

Square One.

Hello to everyone who I hope will check in with my adventures in Morocco over the next two years! I will be leaving September 9th for Philadelphia and on the 11th will fly into Casablanca, Morocco. Upon arriving in Morocco, I will participate in a 3 month training program. During training, I'll live with a host family, learn Arabic or Berber, learn Moroccan history and culture, learn more about the Peace Corps, and train for the work I will be doing for the next two years. That work will be youth development. After training, I will be sworn in officially as a PC Volunteer and then I will move to the site I will be assigned to.

At this point I am one month away from my departure date and feel like I'm finally starting to take some steps in the direction of actually leaving. Courtesy of LL Bean, I received my shortwave radio today in the mail. I sat on my bed fiddling with that thing and was amazed to find so many world-wide frequencies, like BBC. So, at least I'll have the BBC if no internet, tv, or phone. But, who knows, I may have all those amenities!

Access to those amenities will also control how often I will be able to post on this blog. It could be weekly, monthly, or few and far between. I am new to the world of blogging, so bear with me as I figure things out. With that, I hope you all tune in sometime in September to hear what new stories I have as I blunder through a different country, culture, and way of life!

No comments: