Monday, March 12, 2007

New Care Package Ideas

Flip-flops from Old Navy size Small 5-6
Cami tank tops with the built in bra
Wife beaters white or grey
The cheese packs from Mac & Cheese (I can get noodles, but cheese is sooo expensive)
Spices: dill weed, lemon grass, tarragon, cayenne, curry powder
Vanilla extract
Peanut butter
Posters for my classroom
Anything you come across that you think I could use to teach English.
Magazines: People, US, Cosmo, The Economist, ANYTHING, just not Newsweek because PC sends it to me for free.
Books! Anything.
DVDs! Again, anything.
Maps: US, World
Whiteboard markers
Podcasts! If you don’t know how these work, ask Megan. NPR or anything you come across. I am really out of touch with world events, so even a podcast from a month ago would be a current event for me.
Music! I did not bring enough music to this country. I have no television, so music is how I fill the quiet in my house. Send me anything. Mix CDs or just burn me copies of CDs you have and like. I am not picky.
Fun pens, markers, tape, paper, anything I could get creative with.
Aloe Vera gel
Haircutting scissors and haircutting razor, Hairstyles magazine
Scented candles, or tea lights
Facial scrub (the kind that deep cleans pores)
Facial masks
Guitar music for Dixie Chicks songs

Umm, and as much as I love receiving candy in your packages, I really shouldn’t be eating that stuff. I am getting really fat here and it doesn’t help to have massive quantities of candy scattered throughout my house. Healthy snacks like dried fruit would be a good substitute if you want to send me snacks. And believe it or not, Morocco has candy, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your posts and pictures are fabulous, keep them coming as we miss you. I can't believe how long you've been there already, (we are trying to keep your parents preoccupied with a little someone while you are away) :)There is a package on its way from Brayden... Wendy B