Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Santa Claus ... in Morocco?

Last night when I got back from Agadir, I gave each of the girls in my host family a Christmas stocking. At first they smiled and said, “oh, cute!” but then they looked confused and one girl asked me, “why do you give me this small sock?” So, I then explained to them the mysterious wonder that is Santa Claus. They thought that was a great idea. As I was going to bed, my host mom asked me, “where is your stocking?” I said I had one up in my room and she told me I should bring it down just in case Santa Claus would come. I laughed and said okay. This morning when I woke up I came down for breakfast and found that Santa Claus had delivered four small pieces of candy. Sukran, Santa! Later on, Rabyaa, my host cousin, said to me, “I really don’t think there is a Santa Claus. How did he get into our house last night?” I laughed and asked her, “Did you hear him last night?” She said no, she hadn’t heard him and walked off, looking perplexed. That Saint Nicholas and his tricky ways!

Make Sure you check out the new photos I posted! Click on the link "my pictures"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenny! Glad you had a good Christmas...complete with Santa Claus! Hope your New Years is just as good...great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Christmas wasn't the same without you there....
Love you tons,
Aunt Brenda